Ordering Info & FAQs
General Ordering Information
- We only accept cash or check for orders made through the office.
- Perennial orders over $100 require a 25% deposit which will be applied to the order total.
- Deposits are due by March 1st for Pre-Season orders or at the time of order confirmation for all In-Season (Mar-Sept) orders.
- Deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE in the event of an order cancellation.
- For woody material, we will not accept cancellations once plant material has been dug.
- All material must be inspected at pick-up or delivery. We will not accepted returned merchandise once material has been accepted.
- Wholesale customers who wish to establish a credit account of Net 30, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a credit application.
All merchandise pickups must have an appointment, including both retail and wholesale. Delivery is available on orders over $750 at a rate of $3.50/mile, roundtrip. Minimum delivery charge is $350. These charges are for in-house deliveries only. Larger orders will be handled by outside shipper and those rates will vary.
Loading hours are 7:00 am–3:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday, and Saturday 8:00 am–noon. We are closed Sundays and holidays. Please keep in mind our recommended vehicle sizes.
No project is too large or too small! Contact Us or send us an email with your species list and quantities, and we can let you know what we can grow and on what timeline.
All custom grown contracts require a 25% deposit.
If you are a wholesale customer, you can create an account and submit your request directly once you are logged in.
Each plant species is only offered in the sizes it will grow best. Perennials are typically offered in plugs and pints, with select species also offered in 1 gallons. Shrubs are offered in 1 gallons and 5 gallons, and trees are offered in 1 gallons, 5 gallons, 10 gallons and 15 gallons. Availability of a specific size is dependent production and demand.
If something you want is unavailable in a certain size, we may be able to offer you a smaller/larger substitution. We can also grow custom sizes by contract. Please note flats come in two sizes: 32 plugs or 18 pints.
Retail customers can place an order in a few different ways.
- Submit a Request for Quote through our website. Either browse our full catalog or search for the plants you want and add them to your quote. Submit and we will email you back a quote for available material.
- Send us an email. If you already know what you want, you can send us an email with your list to email@example.com, and we will send you back a quote for available material.
- Give us a call at (708)534-3988 during normal business hours.
If ordering perennials, please keep in mind that all species must be order in full flat quantities (32 plugs or 18 pints).
Online Store FAQs
No, simply choose “Checkout as Guest” when you’re ready to check out.
If you do create an account that will enable you to check the status of your order, view past orders and more!
Winter pre-orders will be shipped to you once the plants come out of storage – April 1st for trees and shrubs, mid-May for perennials. Please note pre-orders are shipped in the order they were received. Orders placed after June 1st will be shipped within 7-10 days of being placed.
We regularly update our inventory online as plants are produced and grow ready for sale. Only a portion of our inventory is overwintered and available for purchase during pre-orders. The rest of our inventory will become available based on our growing season. In the mean time, select Notify Me under any plant item that is currently unavailable, and you will get an email reminder when it is back in stock.
Signing up for “Notify Me” will NOT reserve a plant for you – you must return to the website and place an order. Jump on it quick because likely many others have received the same notification and supplies are limited! If the plant you are seeking is again sold out, please make sure to sign up again for an email notification for the desired plant that is out of stock.
We sell perennials in pints and 1-gallon pots and trees and shrubs in a 1-gallon pots. Water it and transplant in a timely manner, care for it well and it will grow as large as the planting space allows.
Browse our full plant catalog to build a quote for material that is larger than what we offer online. Perennials are offered in full flats of 18 pints or 32 plugs, and trees and shrubs are offered in 5 gallon, 10 gallon and 15 gallon containers. Availability and size varies by species.
Although we are not able to accept returns on any of our plants; in the unlikely event your plants arrive damaged or you’re dissatisfied with your order, please reach out to us within 48 hours of receiving your delivery, and we will find a solution to best meet your needs.
We currently ship to IL, MI, WI, IN, MN, IA, MO, KY. Due to USDA regulations, we are unable to ship to additional states at this time. Our specialty is local ecotypes, so the plants you buy from us are already best suited to these climates.
Our Plant Filters can be used to customize your search based on your site needs and personal preferences. If the plant list is just a bit overwhelming, you can check out our Garden Starter Kits. Each kit is designed for a specific type of site with the purpose of introducing the new native gardener to a mix of plant species.
Still stumped? You can Contact Us with your needs as well as the specifications of the space you are planting, and we can provide recommendations. We also provide in-person consultations by appointment on Fridays and Saturdays.